Toggle shoutbox HDTV Arcade Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  KaliniuS : (28 March 2014 - 12:27 PM) I know..... I know
@  KaliniuS : (28 March 2014 - 12:28 PM) My wife also made me realize how long that is
@  SpaceInsomniac : (28 March 2014 - 02:40 PM) Yeah, maybe ease up on the track creation with the next one, if you can.  Not that I don't enjoy your tracks.
@  colonel_j2020 : (28 March 2014 - 07:54 PM) I almost want to know what my wow time is like.... on second thought maybe not
@  d2_s : (29 March 2014 - 01:02 AM) i don't want to know my Trials Evo total time it's likely not far behind. You definitely better not check your wow time colonel lol
@  KaliniuS : (29 March 2014 - 10:22 AM) I'll most certainly not be creating tracks as quickly or often on Fusion. I've got one more kid since my early Evo track-making days and have less free time than before.
@  KaliniuS : (29 March 2014 - 10:23 AM) I also want to make each track special, not just release tracks for the hell of it that I know are just ok.
@  KaliniuS : (29 March 2014 - 10:25 AM) I've got 3 ideas already for tracks (so far) and each are good in my head
@  d2_s : (30 March 2014 - 04:38 PM) Sounds good to me Kal. Looking forward to what you'll be doing in Fusion :)
@  KaliniuS : (31 March 2014 - 12:48 PM) My first (maybe 2nd) Fusion track will be based on a '80s movie.
@  SpaceInsomniac : (31 March 2014 - 01:56 PM) I don't know the chances from me guessing from that little clue, but if the game features another bike that you can peddle, someone should really make a Pee-Wee's Big Adventure map.
@  SpaceInsomniac : (31 March 2014 - 01:56 PM) And by that I mean track. :)
@  KaliniuS : (31 March 2014 - 05:43 PM) lol I hadn't thought of that. The movie I was thinking of is a little more obscure and the track would have a gimmick to it, but it would only be aesthetic.
@  LeadBetter : (03 April 2014 - 09:19 AM) Is the movie Solarbabies, Kalinius?
@  KaliniuS : (03 April 2014 - 10:57 AM) haha nah. It might be near impossible to guess. Done properly, it'll probably take me a while to complete so it'll probably be my 2nd track.
@  Brandino : (06 April 2014 - 10:09 AM) Captain America was a good movie , i recommend it!
@  TonyDP : (08 April 2014 - 06:47 PM) Saw Captain America 2 yesterday; great film with some nice tie-ins to the larger Marvel universe. Just be aware that there are a lot of references to the first movie so if you haven't seen it some of the plot points and characters may not make 100% sense. Also, the 3D in this film (like so many of the Marvel movies) was pretty much negligible - no pop out of the screen and depth was often tuned out.
@  KaliniuS : (09 April 2014 - 08:13 AM) Titanfall screenshot comparison between 360 and XB1: http://mp1st.com/201...0/#.U0VHCV46Zbw
@  AKA Superman : (09 April 2014 - 02:13 PM) Here's a better comparison of all 3 versions:
http://www.eurogamer...rmance-analysis
@  KaliniuS : (19 April 2014 - 09:29 AM) I posted a video of my first Trials Fusion track in the Fusion thread :D

- - - - -

How to enable progressive scan on the Gamecube

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 HDTVadmin

HDTVadmin

The one and only...

• Administrator
  • 3,364 posts
  • Interests:HDTV Gaming !! Movies, Computers, Fishing.

Posted 07 March 2005 - 02:34 AM

First you must have a Gamecube hooked up with component cables to an HDTV.  The Gamecube component cables can be purchased directly from nintendo.com.

Check the list to make sure you are using a game that supports 480p.

While booting up a game, hold down "B".  You will get a prompt asking if you would like to enable progressive scan.  This should only have to be done once.

Newer model Gamecubes lack the port to use component cables.

"The Digital A/V Output port was removed from systems produced after May, 2004 (these systems will have a model number of DOL-101). If you have a Nintendo GameCube without this port, and you wish to play your games in progressive scan, please call our Consumer Service department at 1-800-255-3700, to discuss available options."

#2 Admiral

Admiral

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 08:38 PM

Ok, I've tried this with my new nintendo brand component cables, and can't get it to work. :-(

We still have to use the other cables as well right? I mean, it's the only way to get sound!

I have everything hooked up correctly, but I can't see a picture at all!!! What's up?

#3 Gigas

Gigas

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 05:10 PM

Yes, you have to have both sets plugged in to get sound.

Are you sure you've got your gamecube plugged into the correct inputs on your TV? And is it a progressive scan game? Assuming you are in the right inputs, if your screen is all distorted, turn the machine off, then back on. Right away press the B button. In a couple seconds the picture should be back to normal, and it'll ask you if you want to enable progressive scan.

#4 Admiral

Admiral

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 07:08 PM

AHA!!! Got it to work. Weird, All I had to do was change the input selected on the TV, and then go back to the GC input, and it was fine. Looks great!

thanks for the help yall

#5 Nick Laslett

Nick Laslett

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 07:50 AM

Newer model Gamecubes lack the port to use component cables.

"The Digital A/V Output port was removed from systems produced after May, 2004 (these systems will have a model number of DOL-101). If you have a Nintendo GameCube without this port, and you wish to play your games in progressive scan, please call our Consumer Service department at 1-800-255-3700, to discuss available options."

If you call this number they offer you a refurbished GC. There is no way to get a new unit that has the port.

#6 PsyEd

PsyEd

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:09 AM

Also something different - if you hold down Z and then boot your GC then you'll hear different music.

And PAL GC can have progressive scan turned on for NTSC games via Freeloader.

#7 Vegeta

Vegeta

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:51 AM

I managed to snap up a brand new platinum GC with the digital av out port (dol-001) from eBay :)

Cost £50 and came with a sealed Mario Kart Double Dash :lol:

#8 Jmog

Jmog

Whipmaster Extraordinaire

• 1,488 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 03:43 AM

I got the same package myself from a local shop for 47£. They also had a bundle with silver GC + Wind Waker + Zelda collector's edition (Ocarina, Majora and Zelda 1+2) for the same price. Of course those were sold out in no time.

#9 Patvs

Patvs

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 06:12 AM

Can anyone confirm the following two statements:

-If your PAL Cube has the digital A/V output and you use a component cable you'll get [great looking] 480i.

-However no PAL games support progressive scan, so if you want 480p you need to import the NTSC version and play them with freeloader.

#10 Jmog

Jmog

Whipmaster Extraordinaire

• 1,488 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 01:17 PM

Patvs said:

-If your PAL Cube has the digital A/V output and you use a component cable you'll get [great looking] 480i.

You'll get 480i in NTSC games running via Freeloader and 576i in PAL games, yes. It won't be "great looking" - not compared to progressive anyway. Compared to composite it will look very good and slightly better than s-video. It will be pretty much identical to RGB-scart.

-However no PAL games support progressive scan, so if you want 480p you need to import the NTSC version and play them with freeloader.

No PAL games support progressive on a PAL cube. Some of them do when you run them on a NTSC cube using freeloader. How many, I don't know.
NTSC games + freeloader will give you 480p on your PAL cube if the games support it.

#11 Trippe2k

Trippe2k

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 01:15 AM

Just curious i have the component cables and every time i start up my gamecube ( WITHOUT holding down the B button) it asks me if i want to go into progressive scan. I have yet to hold down the button once and yet all the games still promt me with the option. By no means am i complaining or worried, i am just curious is this common? or am i lucky?

#12 d2_s

d2_s

Thunder From Down Under

• 22,222 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 08:08 AM

It usually does it if you have done it at least once ... after that it will auto prompt almost every time.
Posted Image

#13 alkumuc

alkumuc

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:55 PM

:mad:  Newbie question  :cool:

So I read all night long how to get my consoles ready to display the best picture quality on my NEC VT540  ( http://selfemploymen...MANUAL32259.pdf )

As far as I know most Pal GC Games dont support Digital out signal! But if i use the qoob mod chip than i can force to right?
Can i force other resolution 480p too?

My projector cant display 480p anyway but probably a vga digital output would be
1) progressive anyway doesnt matter which resolution
2) be much more sharper and brighter than video chinch right?

so can i use a vga cable to use vga resolution or does the gc just support 480p at compisite?

Correct me if i am wrong that my profector cant display 480p and please tell me if there is a way to get a much better picture quality than with the poor yellow chinch video ^^
thx 4 help
alku

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!