Toggle shoutbox HDTV Arcade Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Brandino : (17 October 2017 - 02:27 AM) Just wanted to post that I'm still alive lol...
@  Goldenheart : (21 October 2017 - 01:36 PM) sorry for the double post earlier. Didn't realize it.
@  d2_s : (28 October 2017 - 06:04 AM) How’s everyone? What are you playing? I have been enjoying Piranha Bytes latest creation Elex. A little rough around the edges, but really enjoyable.
@  ermac666 : (28 October 2017 - 09:03 PM) This month has been packed with games. Hard time deciding to allocate my time playing GT sports, assassins creed origins (love the egypt setting), evil within 2 and the fast paced wolfenstein 2.
@  colonel_j2020 : (31 October 2017 - 04:32 PM) I have been playing Destiny 2 on PC.  It is my first taste of Destiny.  I am enjoying it so far but I haven't hit that grind stage yet or run out of content.
@  TonyDP : (01 November 2017 - 07:19 PM) Hi all. Got all three of my guardians on Destiny 2 to Power Level 305 so I think I'm going to put that down for a while. Beyond that, been playing a lot of PSVR: Megaton Rainfall, Raw Data; Doom VFR and Skyrim VR are right around the corner and looking really good.
@  d2_s : (03 November 2017 - 03:42 AM) Must say that Skyrim VR looks awesome.  It has come a long way and i’ll have to pick iy up.
@  TonyDP : (05 November 2017 - 08:31 PM) Yeah the recent Skyrim VR videos have me stoked. Obviously the resolution inside the headset will be lower but the immersion should more than make up for it. Videos to Doom VFR looked sick as well.
@  kyle_5_16 : (07 November 2017 - 03:06 PM) Alright, who got the Xbox One X?
@  TonyDP : (07 November 2017 - 10:30 PM) As an Xbox One S owner, right now I see no compelling reason to get an Xbox One X. I don't have a 4K TV and I don't have any desire to replay a bunch of games I've already beaten just for the sake of some prettier graphics. If MS ever releases a VR headset or does something innovative beyond just pushing more pixels in existing games then I'll take a look. If my "S" kicks the bucket, I'll take a look. But right now I really don't need one.
@  TonyDP : (08 November 2017 - 02:56 PM) Annnnnnnnnd ... I bought one. Dear God, I wish I had some self control.
@  ermac666 : (10 November 2017 - 08:14 PM) I won't be getting one anytime soon. It's exclusives are also on PCs and the multiplats from what I have seen from comparisons are not that much better than on the pro in terms of frame rate aside from holding a higher resolutions.
@  ermac666 : (10 November 2017 - 08:23 PM) I will get one once the games fully take advantage of it ,a nd the gulf between it and the pro becomes bigger. Right now, I don't see any reason to get the One X for me.
@  TonyDP : (11 November 2017 - 03:59 PM) I don't do PC gaming so it's easier for me to justify having the best MS and Sony consoles I can get. FWIW, even with a 1080p TV I can still easily see improvements in games. Tomb Raider now has 60fps all the time; Forza Horizon 3 has nice reflections in the cars that didn't show up on my Xbox One S, etc. Once I get a 4K TV I'm sure the visual upgrades will be even more pronounced.
@  kyle_5_16 : (13 November 2017 - 12:28 AM) lol @TonyDP your first two responses are hilarious read back to back. Didn't take you long at all to come around to it
@  TonyDP : (13 November 2017 - 05:09 PM) Like I said, I have no willpower. Still, the X1X is nice; I was playing some Hitman on it yesterday and the graphical effects were in a completely new league.
@  d2_s : (14 November 2017 - 04:47 AM) I have no regrets getting the X, it’s a fantastic system. Light on exclusives for sure, but a nice replacement for the S and was pleasantly surprised to see some 360 games getting a Faux-K makeover. Fallout 3 and Mirrors Edge look like new games running on the S.
@  d2_s : (14 November 2017 - 04:48 AM) Running on the X I meant :)
@  TonyDP : (14 November 2017 - 05:08 PM) Fallout 3 looks and runs really nicely on the X1X
@  Brandino : (21 November 2017 - 01:11 AM) I been playing a lot of Ghost Recon Wildlands lately... that game has a lot of content and is quite fun to play multiplayer with the right people.   It's very satisfying to clear out an area undetected and synching shots.

- - - - -

PS4 Pro Compatibility List

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 d2_s

d2_s

Thunder From Down Under

• 22,490 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 10:25 PM

https://blog.eu.play...-on-launch-day/

We know you’re eager to find out which titles will be the first to take advantage of the increased power and performance of PS4 Pro. The following 30+ titles will be optimised for the new hardware on launch day. Some games have updates to add Pro support, while more recent titles like Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare have Pro enhancements built into the base game. We’ll keep this list updated should additional titles be confirmed.

Battlefield 1
Battlezone
Bound
Call Of Duty: Black Ops 3
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Dishonored 2
Driveclub VR
EA Sports FIFA 17
Firewatch
Helldivers
Hitman
Hustle Kings
inFAMOUS First Light
inFAMOUS Second Son
Knack
Mafia III
Mantis Burn Racing
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
NBA 2K17
Neon Chrome
Paragon
PlayStation VR Worlds
Ratchet & Clank
Rez Infinite
Ride 2
RIGS Mechanized Combat League
Rise Of The Tomb Raider
Robinson: The Journey
Smite
Super Stardust Ultra
The Elders Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
The Elders Scrolls: Skyrim Special Edition
The Last Of Us Remastered
The Last Of Us: Left Behind
The Playroom VR
Thumper
Titanfall 2
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
Viking Squad
Wheels of Aurelia
World Of Tanks
XCOM 2

#2 ermac666

ermac666

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:55 AM

Here are some PS4 Pro vids with th enhanced graphics of some past PS4 exclusives. You can watch it at 2160p and full screen on YT.

Uncharted 4

The last of us

#3 d2_s

d2_s

Thunder From Down Under

• 22,490 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 09:49 PM

I definately don't regret picking up a PS4 Pro. I'll give more impressions later, but for a $560AUD box the results are excellent. The results vary from game to game, but a solid start IMO.

Games I've tries so far:

* Skyrim SE -  Native 4k @ 30fps with minor dips. Definately an improvement over the base mode.

*Deus Ex - Not entirely sure on the resolution, but hdr implementation was average and that nasty sharpening filter you can't disble hurts it. Certainly looks cleaner than the base PS4 version, but not a dramatic improvment IMO.

* Mantis Burn Racing - Native 4K @ 60fps with some minor dips when all cars are on screen. The developers plan to improve this via an update. Looks nice enough, but not a showcase game for the Pro.

* Rise of the Tomb Raider - Has 3 visual modes you can switch to at any time (even mid game): A 1080p frame rate unlocked mode that runs fairly smoothly most of the time even if it doesnt stay over 60fps consistently. A 1080p @ 30fps mode with all the bells and whistles and a 4K @ 30fps mode, that uses checkerboard upscaling. My personal preference is the 4K mode due to large jump in image clarity and the fact that it doesn't really look compromised to me. Of the 1080p modes I prefer the high frame rate mode as it looks perfectly good with the added plus of higher framerates - I don't mind variable framrates when they hover at the top end most of the time.

There are still plenty more games I plan to try - especially looking forward to testing VR - as soon as I find the time to do so. Will give more impressions soon.

#4 ermac666

ermac666

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 05:53 AM

I wonder if games have increased frame rates in the base mode though. Even though they down clock the processor to match the standard ps4, the newer architecture would have some benefits, no? XBOX One S had some benefits in frame rates, so I wonder if the same applies here.

#5 d2_s

d2_s

Thunder From Down Under

• 22,490 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:10 PM

Base mode is identical to running on a standard PS4. The CPU is downclocked and half the GPU is disabled. Eurogamer did a small feature on this. I was hoping for something similar to the xbox one s where some games get tangible benefits from the overclock, but Sony took a cautious approach to prevent breaking any existing games. I kind of wish it was an option the user could use at their own discretion much like the PSOne emulator on PS2/PS3 to allow certain features that improved things, but didn't guarantee stability.

It is what it is though. In pro mode some games greatly benefit, while others don't all that much. The ones that do benefit make it worth it for me. It gives a hint at what potential there is for future titles.

#6 d2_s

d2_s

Thunder From Down Under

• 22,490 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:08 AM

Tested some more games on the Pro and must say Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, Infinite Warfare and Ratchet and Clank all look gorgeous and run spectacularly.

#7 ermac666

ermac666

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:58 AM

I heard a lot of people were gushing over how much infamous second son/first light has improved, and it may have the best implementation of HDR on the ps4 pro.  Uncharted 4 seem to be getting a lot of praise as well despite it being 1440p. I was wondering if you guys have tested these 2 exclusives out.

#8 d2_s

d2_s

Thunder From Down Under

• 22,490 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:30 PM

I have tried both Infamous games, Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us. The Infamous games were always gorgeous and the HDR certainly does add to it, unfortunately those games do take a slight, but very notcable frame rate hit when maxing IQ. You can opt for a high rame rate option, which downgrades lighting and effects a tad - kind of defeats the purpose IMO.

I am going to be honest, Uncharted 4 didn't blow me away. It looks cleaner and runs smooth, but Naughty Dog didn't really go all out bringing it to the Pro and lets face it, the base PS4 version was very nice as it is.

Uncharted may have not have blown me away, but The Last of Us is a whole different kettle of fish. It greatly benefits from the Pro and in my opinion showcases HDR moreso than the Infamous games. Doesn't hurt that it runs rather smoothly in native 4K and looks ultra clean. This was a really pleasant surprise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!